If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions then a running technique session could help you:
- Would you like to improve your personal best over a specific distance?
- Do you suffer recurring injuries or pain?
- Would you like to improve your speed for a specific sport?
- Do you feel something is limiting your ability to run?
You will receive an analysing of running biomechanics and identifying inefficient running patterns that could contribute to injury or inefficiency. The coaching session will then enable you to re-educate basic running technique.
Functional Movement Analysis for runners and non runners, may also be used to identify compensatory movement, single leg discrepancies, and muscle activation issues.
What is included:
- Video analysis of ‘current technique’
- Discussion of this analysis
- Coaching session on initial techniques to focus on
- Video analysis of progress during the session
- Recommendations for strength and/or activation exercises to include in your programme
- Recommendations for how to introduce the new technique into your current training programme
Great results have been had by clients who have taken the information even from one session and worked systematically and consistently on the techniques given. Current clients include recreational runners who are experiencing “niggles” during or after running; those looking to improve their PB running 5-10 km, half and marathon distances, ultra marathons; and those focussing on short sprints and turning for specific sports (dog agility, football, etc). All have improved their times and reduced the discomfort that they were experiencing.
It is recommended to book a block of at least 3 sessions to ensure that the correct technique is being maintained.